Pork and Strawberries are a perfect pairing for a Spring dinner. Serve the pork with a side of asparagus, green beans or make it into a dinner salad by placing slices over fresh greens.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place pork in a shallow dish. Add salad dressing; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours. Combine strawberries, vinegar and sugar; cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain and wipe off pork, discarding marinade. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; brown on all sides.
- Bake until a thermometer reads 145°, 15-20 minutes. Remove from skillet; let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add broth to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add strawberry mixture. Heat through.
- Slice pork and top with strawberry mixture.
photo credit: spicysouthernkitchen.com