Next time you turn on the grill to make dinner consider grilling a whole sweet onion. It’s super simple and makes a fantastic side to serve with steak. It takes an hour to cook so get it going on the grill while you finish your prep work. You’ll be glad you did!
- Large, sweet onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel onions.
- Cut, not quite through, each onion making 8 sections.
- Cut 2 pieces of heavy duty foil (enough to wrap onion completely
- Place one onion in the middle of foil
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Crisscross 2 strips of bacon over onion, gently pushing down into the sliced areas.
- Pull up foil and seal at the top. There should be a little room for steam to build up inside.
- Cook on grill for 1 hour.