This Peach Caprese Salad is a wonderful twist on a summer favorite.
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and quartered
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil and more for drizzling
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 peaches
- 4-6 ozs fresh mozzarella balls
- 12 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- Combine cherries, shallot, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Halve, pit and slice peaches.
- Arrange on a platter.
- Place mozzarella balls on top of the peaches.
- Spoon cherry mixture over the top of peaches and cheese.
- Sprinkle with basil, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Photo Credit: Kristen Shaner