This easy blackberry glazed salmon is a quick and delicious way to get in more heart-healthy omega-3s and antioxidants. Made with only 6 ingredients and in 15 minutes, you can get a healthy dinner on the table quickly! (gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free)
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 basil leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cut salmon into 4-6 oz filets (or have your butcher do it). Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine blackberries, wine, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Heat over medium low heat and simmer until reduced to a thick sauce. You may have to mash the berries with a potato masher.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon filets, flesh side down, and press lightly with a spatula. Cook until crispy, then flip and repeat with skin side down, cooking for a total or 8-10 minutes, or until cooked medium on the inside but crispy on the outside. Place salmon onto plates.
- Spoon blackberry sauce over cooked salmon and top with sliced basil (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo Source – https://livelytable.com/blackberry-glazed-salmon/