Cantaloupe sorbet is simple and refreshing. Easy to make with only 4 ingredients and low in calories, it’s a perfect summer time treat.
- 4 1/2 cups fresh cantaloupe (1 medium cantaloupe), cubed
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp water plus more as needed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the cubed cantaloupe onto the baking sheet, leaving space in between the cubes to allow for even freezing and not touching so they don’t create a giant glob of frozen cantaloupe.
- Place the tray into the freezer and freeze the cantaloupe overnight, or until completely frozen – at least 4-6 hours.
- Place the frozen cantaloupe into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the cantaloupe becomes crumbly.
- Add the lemon juice, honey, and water at this time and then pulse again. You may need to add more water until the mixture becomes more fluid, but not slushy.
- You’re looking for a soft sorbet texture at this point.
- Taste and add any additional honey as needed at this time if it needs to be a little sweeter.
- If the mixture becomes too slushy and does not resemble sorbet, you can return to the freezer for 30 min. to an hour to allow it to re-solidify.
- Serve immediately, or store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe and Photo Source: https://www.asweetpeachef.com/cantaloupe-sorbet