Grilled Carrots with a Honey (or Maple) Brown Sugar glaze are a great side dish for almost any meal
- 1 lb Carrots (if thick carrots, slice down the middle lengthwise)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (just a pinch)
- Preheat grill for direct/indirect cooking.
- Make Glaze :In a small saucepan over medium heat add butter, brown sugar, honey, and salt and mix together. Whisk frequently until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Toss carrots in olive oil, then place directly on the grill. Rotate every few minutes to get a slight char on each side. If they begin to burn move them to indirect heat. 15-20 minutes.
- Just before pulling the carrots off the grill glaze them once. Let them cook one more minute on the grill, then remove from grill and glaze one more time. Serve immediately.