Who doesn’t like a good dipping sauce? This spicy sweet sauce is perfect for dipping egg rolls, dumplings and chicken fingers. It also make a wonder ful glaze for pot roast and chicken.
- 1.5 pounds fresh plums, pitted and chopped (peel left on)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the plums are soft and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and pour the sauce into a food processor or blender with a plastic container. DO NOT pour hot liquid into a glass container.
- Puree until smooth and return to pot. (Alternately, you can use an immersion blender right in the pot. Be careful blending hot liquids!).
- Allow to cool and place into containers and store in fridge for up to 2 weeks OR You can can the sauce using the water bath method
Water Bath Method
- Bring the plum sauce back to a boil, then ladle into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Place sterilized lids and rings on the jars and process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Remove jars to a towel to rest for 24 hours. Check seals before storing.
- Makes 2-3 half pint jars.
Recipe and Photo Source: Let’s Dish Recipes