Looking for a fun new way to cook English Peas? Look no further than your grill. They are quick to fix and you eat them like edamame. Place the pod in your mouth and scrape against the seasoned, charred surface of the pod to extract the peas. Discard the empty pods.
- Fresh English Peas in the Pod
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves thinly sliced (optional)
- Prepare your grill for high, direct heat
- Place the peas in a bowl and drizzle olive oil over them. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt. Toss to coat.
- Place peas on grill so that they won’t fall through the grate. Grill a few minutes on each side. You want them to be well charred and sufficiently cooked so the peas are tender inside.
- Remove to a bowl. They are ready to eat.
- Optional – drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and toss with a little mint.