This family favorite can easily be made at home with fresh, local ingredients. No preservatives, or ingredients you can’t pronounce, and on your table in under 30 minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 c macaroni
- 32 oz chicken broth or water
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink. Drain grease and return meat to the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and add the ketchup, seasonings, macaroni and broth to the pan and stir well to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until macaroni is cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Return the pan to the warm burner and stir in the shredded cheese until well combined. Add any more broth or water if needed to make more creamy.
Recipe and Photo Source: Lil Luna