If you’ve ever traveled to Mexico you were sure to encounter some form of this ever present street food. It’s actual name is Elote but is more commonly known by it’s nickname, Mexican Street Corn.
- 6 ears of shucked corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- chili powder
- 1/3 cup grated cotija cheese (you can substitute with Feta cheese or Parmesan if you can’t find cotija)
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill corn, turning often, until slightly charred all over, about 10 minutes.
- Brush corn with a layer of mayonnaise and sprinkle with chili powder, cotija, and cilantro. Serve warm with lime wedges.