Have you tried Smashed Potatoes yet? They’re creamy on the inside and crusty on the outside. Very easy to make either in your oven or on the grill.
- 1-2 lbs small red and white potatoes
- 2 TBSP olive Oil
- 2 TBSP fresh rosemary leaves roughly chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Scrub potatoes and place in a medium saucepan. Add cold water to completely cover potatoes. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon kosher salt, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook potatoes until a pairing knife can be slide into center of potato with no resistance, about 20 minutes. Strain potatoes and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet. Gently smash each potato with the palm of your hand until split open, but not breaking apart. Brush potatoes with olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, and half of the rosemary. Flip potatoes, oil and season second side.
- GRILLING – Place potatoes on grill and cook until lightly browned and crisped, about 5 minutes per side. Remove potatoes to a platter, sprinkle with remaining rosemary to taste, and serve immediately.
- BAKING IN OVEN – Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and crisp, 25 minutes. Remove potatoes to a platter, sprinkle with remaining rosemary to taste, and serve immediately.