Peach Crisp is simple to make. Bright fruit flavor with that classic cinnamon oatmeal topping. You can start with fresh, frozen or canned peaches. Once you get the hang of making crisps you’ll want to experiment with the fruit you have on hand.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange peaches evenly in an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl using a pastry cutter until evenly crumbled. Fold oats into flour mixture; sprinkle and press topping into peaches.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- If your peaches are very ripe and juicy add 1 tsp of cornstarch or flour to thicken
- This can be made Gluten Free. Just substitute the flour for GF cup for cup flour and use Gluten Free oats
- mix in 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon with the peaches
- add in blackberries
- Add chopped pecans to the topping