These corn muffins are bursting with fresh sweet corn flavor. Eat them plain or slather them with farm fresh butter.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups cornmeal
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 2¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 2 cobs), divided
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted unsalted butter, cooled
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Generously coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in 1½ cups corn.
- Lightly whisk eggs and egg yolk in a medium bowl, then whisk in sour cream, milk, and butter.
- Create a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour egg mixture into well and stir with a wooden spoon until batter is just combined.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Top with remaining ½ cup corn, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake muffins, rotating pan halfway through, until tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 18–20 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan. Transfer muffins to a wire rack and eat while warm or let cool completely.
Do Ahead: Muffins can be made 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Freeze: Muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in a zip top freezer bag. Take out and let thaw on counter.
Recipe Source: Bon Appetit https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/extra-corny-cornbread-muffins