- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed (or fresh spinach that has been wilted)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded monteray jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in the garlic, spinach, and carrots, and cook until the spinach liquid has evaporated. Remove skillet from heat, and mix in cheese and eggs. Season with red pepper, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/2 the mixture into each pie shell.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a quiche comes out clean.
source: All Recipes https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/83857/spinach-and-carrot-quiche/?lnkid=usspnt