Baked Acorn Squash takes very little prep to make a very tasty healthy side dish.
- Acorn Squash
- Maple Syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half – Remove seeds
- Cut a flat area on the back side of each side so the squash can sit on cookie sheet without tilting over – do not cut all the way through the rind.
- Score the inside of the squash creating about ½ squares – do not cut all the way to rind
- Rub the inside and rim of each half with pad of butter – leaving remainder butter in the bottom of the squash
- Add ~1 1/2 table spoons of brown sugar to each half
- Add ~1 1/2 table spoons maple syrup to each half
- Swirl the mixture around inside to coat the sides
- Bake on cookie sheet 1 hour (you may want a little Pam or oil on the pan so the squash does not get stuck to it)