This summery salad is a great addition to any meal.
- 1½ cup(s) uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked sugar snap peas, ends snipped, cut into 3 or 4 pieces each
- 1 tsp lemon zest, freshly grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp wate
- ¼ cup dill, fresh, chopped, or less to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup uncooked red onion, sliced, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove pan from heat and drain any excess liquid. Stir sugar snap peas into hot rice and let cool slightly, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, water, dill, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Add rice mixture, tomatoes, cucumber and onion; toss to mix and coat.
- Let rice salad cool to room temperature before serving with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day but make sure to bring up to room temperature before serving. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Source: Weight Watchers. Click here for original recipe.