Lightly marinated, grilled chicken breasts are topped with a relish made with nectarines, red onion, fresh basil.
- 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the relish:
- 2 tablespoons white Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 or 2 ripe nectarines or peaches, sliced thin
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced thin
- Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag. Add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss the chicken in the marinade to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Clean the grates and lightly oil to prevent sticking.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper. Add the sliced nectarines and onion. Toss to combine and set aside while grilling the chicken.
- Grill the chicken until done through – about 5 minutes on each side. Serve topped with the nectarine and onion relish and fresh chopped basil or small basil leaves. You can always add a little more fresh ground black pepper on top. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo Source: https://www.savingdessert.com/grilled-chicken-with-nectarine-relish/